FormFire is the country's leading player in bringing digital online processes to the paperbound world of Small Group Health Insurance quoting, sold case installation and group renewal for employees and employers, brokers and carriers. These are exciting opportunities to enter a young company in a growing sector of the insurance industry.
FormFire is a market-leading technology provider to the group benefits industry.
In 2006 we began changing the world of small group health insurance. Since then, we've never stopped designing products that are simplifying the complex world of insurance.
We offer a challenging work environment where people are rewarded for outcomes, not face time. Our performance goals, time off policy (take as much as you want if your stuff is done), and other policies (use good judgment, that pretty much sums it up), are designed to keep things simple so we can focus on the things that matter.
There’s no map here. We need mapmakers.
People looking for a traditional, structured work environment, waiting to be told what to do, will not succeed here. We hire the most talented people we can find and then get out of the way. The rest is up to you.
If this sounds like the type of place you want to work, please continue reading.
We’re looking for a master craftsman-level software engineer who can help us create remarkable customer experiences.
As a member of the Product team, you’ll collaborate closely with our product manager, design team, and customers to develop our next generation of products.Also, as a Senior Engineer you’re expected to coach and mentor junior team members to help them learn new skills.
The ideal candidate has the following attributes:
• Ability to demonstrate good judgment and problem solving skills
• Leadership, either as a team lead or as a mentor to junior developers
• Demonstrated knowledge of Agile software development methodologies and testing best practices
• Knowledge of general software development best practices, including design patterns and unit testing
• Knowledge of database design and Microsoft SQL Server
• Knowledge of web services standards (e.g. REST, SOAP)
• Knowledge of common web security vulnerabilities (e.g. XSS, XSRF, SQL Injection, Parameter Tampering, etc)
• Experience with IIS, NHibernate, SVN, and XSD/XSLT
• Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate information to all levels of the team and customers (yes, you will interact with customers)
• A natural curiosity about technology and learning new things
Bonus points if you have experience developing products for the insurance industry.
Health, dental, LTD, group life insurance, 401k, unlimited time off, company paid fitness incentive, and a zombie-free work environment.
Candidates must successfully pass a background check prior to employment.
FormFire is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit us at www.formfire.com to learn more about our company and products.